Order by 7pm for Next Day Delivery
Dubarry Galway boots - Cloggs Hall of Fame
When it was first launched, Dubarry's Galway boot was little more than a test, a toe in uncharted waters. Since then, it has become regarded as one of the fashion world’s few truly evergreen styles, a boot which has outlasted countless imitators and fluctuations in fashion trends.
Since its founding in 1937, Dubarry has risen to prominence as Ireland’s premier sailing outfitter. The Galway represented their first foray into the country market as they looked to capitalise on their hometown’s famous annual horse fair.
Up to that point, the boots of choice tended to be either rubber wellies, which generally lacked any sort of sartorial flair, or riding boots, which looked better due to their use in dressage events, although lacked the practical aspect of wellies. The Galway was Dubarry’s attempt to marry the two concepts and present customers with a hard-wearing, waterproof boot that still looked great. To say they succeeded is something of an understatement.
Several decades on and the Galway has not only secured Dubarry’s reputation as one of the best-loved country outfitters in the world, but has itself become a truly iconic item of footwear.
To read more about Dubarry’s history, click here.
1. The Galway's hard-wearing rubber sole features a classic deep lug pattern in order to ensure maximum traction on slippery terrain.
2. The beautiful full grain leather which makes up the majority of the Galway's shaft is broken up by a richer shade of smoothed leather to dramatic effect.
3. The top of the boot showcases two small branded logos as a reminder of authenticity.
4. The Galway's opening can be secured with this pull tie.
5. The lower portion of the upper is constructed from the same premium smoothed leather as the detailing on the rest of the shaft, offering the wearer complete waterproofing.
A style beloved by both men and women, the Galway benefits from featuring a classic silhouette with luxurious detailing. As such, they’re quite versatile, looking just as at home on the high street as they do in a muddy field!
We recommend pairing the Galway with other quintessential country attire items; think tweed, deep greens, quilted jackets and the like. The classic chestnut colour Galway’s look fantastic when complimenting green or contrasting a lighter colour pair of chinos or trousers. Take a look at these images for some inspiration:
We’re proud to be official stockists of Dubarry boots, and we have a fantastic range of Galway boots in various shades, including the iconic walnut. We have the Galway in both men and women’s sizes, and also offer it in both Extra-Fit and Slimfit widths to cater for every need.
Here’s our available colours of the Dubarry Galway boot: