Order by 7pm for Next Day Delivery
Clarks Hamble Oak brogue - Cloggs Hall of Fame
The explosion in women’s brogues in recent times has been part of a wider move towards fashionable androgyny, with women embracing traditional male styles of dress that have often been given a feminine flourish. The Clarks Hamble Oak is a quintessentially classic brogue style that is lent some female charm through a variety of features explored in the anatomy section below. Ideal for everyone from working women to those simply wanting to give a casual outfit a little spruce up, the Hamble Oak needs little qualification other than stating it is one of Clarks shoes’ best-loved styles - no mean feat, given their history and reputation.
Clarks’ remarkable history has seen them at the forefront of the shoemaking industry for well over a century now, and in that time their name has become synonymous with footwear that blends unimpeachable standards of quality and comfort with truly timeless styles.
A testament to this combination is their championing of many styles that are now an integral part of footwear folklore, such as the desert boot, which already has pride of place among our Hall of Fame inductees. Another style they have long worked with is the brogue, traditionally in the men’s footwear arena but, more recently, for women as well.
The Hamble Oak is the culmination of years of experimentation and work by Clarks to create a women’s brogue that is perfectly equidistant between the style’s classic silhouette and feminine styling.
1. Wingtip toe cap ensures a relaxed, relatively informal look, meaning the Hamble Oak can be dressed up and down with equal ease.
2. Blind eyelets to help increase the femininity of the style.
3. Thin, standard laces. Some colours of the Hamble Oak come with ribbon laces for a further feminine touch. The eye stays of the Hamble Oak are formed from the vamp overlapping the quarters (not vice versa), making these Oxford brogues. The Oxford is traditionally one of the more formal brogue styles, and its combination with typically informal touches - such as the wing tip toe cap - helps the Hamble Oak to straddle the line between formal and smart-casual with consummate ease.
4. Stacked rubber heel for added durability and shock-absorption. The 1 ½ inch heel is another feminine touch.
5. Clarks’ signature Softwear technology is incorporated into the footbed, providing the foot with a comfortable yet sturdy base on which to rest. Softwear makes use of bubble cushion beads to help create a soothing massage effect on particular pressure points on the foot.
As we’ve already mentioned, the Hamble Oak has been carefully designed with balance in mind in order to make it as versatile as possible; for example, the fun wingtip toe cap is offset by the Oxford style lacing.
This means that the Hamble Oak is basically the ultimate shoe for the woman who likes to keep her looks varied and versatile. It can be teamed with formal outfits for a touch of girly fun (without looking out of place in the office), laid-back looks to dress them up, or simply as an ideal accompaniment for virtually any smart-casual attire.
We stock six different colours of the Hamble Oak, covering everything from formal black patent to saddle shoe-style dusty pink and eye-catching pale yellow. Like all shoes from Cloggs, all Clarks’ Hamble Oaks come with Free, Fast Delivery and Free Returns for complete peace of mind.